Disability benefits provide financial protection for you and your family in case you become disabled and are unable to work because of a personal illness or injury. Lowe’s provides short-term disability and long-term disability coverage through Cigna.
To begin a disability claim, log in to My Lowe’s Life and follow this path: My Lowe’s Life > My Work/Life > Work Life Quick Links > Reed Group.
5 things to know about disability plans:
1. Benefits under the Lowe’s short-term disability plan coordinate with the state disability plans (CA, HI, NJ, NY, and RI); therefore, benefits will be reduced by any payments you receive through a state plan.
2. No evidence of insurability — or proof of good health — is required for long-term disability coverage if you enroll within 60 days of first becoming eligible. Otherwise, you must provide proof of good health when you enroll.
3. Disability coverage does not cover a pre-existing condition that begins in the first 12 months immediately after your coverage begins. A pre-existing condition is any condition resulting from an injury or illness for which you received a diagnosis or treatment within three months before your eligibility for coverage begins.
4. Disability benefits received under the plan may be reduced by any benefits you receive from other sources, such as workers’ compensation (or similar occupational injury compensation), state-mandated disability benefits, Social Security, unemployment, and other employer wages.
5. Deductions for disability coverage are made on an after-tax basis every payday. If the deduction isn’t made because you don’t work enough hours, the cost of coverage will be deducted from your next available paycheck(s) unless you live in CA, CT, DE, MN, NV, or VA. If you live in one of these states or you are on an approved leave of absence, you will be billed at your home address on file. In addition, if you live in one of these states and your coverage was terminated for non-payment, you will be required to pay unpaid premiums before you re-enroll in the plan.