Fixed Indemnity Important Information
Important information about the full-time Fixed Indemnity plan:
- You will receive a certificate of coverage which will contain complete information on the benefits payable under this plan.
- The plan does not pay benefits for any service resulting from
(directly or indirectly):
- Participation in war or act of war, whether decided or not
- Intentionally self-inflicted injuries
- Engaging in an illegal occupation or committing or attempting to commit a felony
- Attempted suicide, while sane or insane
- Participation in an organized sport; professional or unprofessional
- Other activities as determined by the policy’s limitations and exclusions. Contact Allstate for more information.
- No evidence of insurability is required to participate in this benefit.
- Deductions for Fixed Indemnity coverage are made on an after-tax basis every payday. If the deduction isn’t made because you don’t work enough hours, the cost of the coverage will be deducted from your next available paycheck unless you live in CA, CT, DE, MN, NV, or VA. If you live in one of these states or you are on an approved leave of absence, you will be billed at your home address on file. In addition, if you live in one of these states and your coverage was terminated for non-payment, you will be required to pay unpaid premiums before you re-enroll in the plan.